Enhanced
Advanced
Reaction score
Discord
M6Gaming#6000
  • 1 Year
  • 250 Club
Hey everyone,

I got back from the movie theater last night and noticed there weren't that many people as I expected (which is good cause that means we get the "best" seats) so I had a curious question in mind.

The only thing keeping movie theaters alive is the fact that new movies are shown there before coming out in CD, TV or other popular streaming websites. But at the same time, you can watch it unlimited amounts of time/rewind any parts you miss/etc. directly from home which a movie theater doesn't offer.

So let's get a discussion going:
  • Which do you prefer more, to watch movies at the movie theater or at home?
  • And with that question, what's your personal favorite movie?
Also, a notification in advance that giving any sort of spoilers isn't allowed. Please be respectful of those who haven't seen the movie you may have. Thank you!

Aladarr

Domain Merchant
Enhanced
Advanced
Reaction score
Discord
Aladarr#0001
  • 1 Year
  • 250 Club
Movie Theaters is more of a premium option. A way to get out of the house with the family and do something together, or out with your friends or on a date. Whichever is your preference. Going to the theater/cinema on the big screen and the food is good which people expect.

But, if you're wanting that big night in is what I also like. Sitting on the couch binge watching films that are new, or classics.
Order a takeaway or buy popcorn. Sitting in the comfort of your own home, if you do not like sitting next to strangers at the movies.

I would watch movies at home the most.

• Marvel Movies! Antman, Captain America, Deadpool, The Avengers, Black Panther etc..

MythicGirl

Enhanced
Advanced
Reaction score
Discord
MythicGirl#3818
  • 1 Year
  • 250 Club
I personally prefer to watch movies at home, but that’s only because I’m a bit shy.

My favorite movie is one of Pitch Perfect movies or Mr. Right.

Polar

https://twitch.tv/poelrb
Advanced
Reaction score
Discord
poelr#5508
Twitter
poelrb
  • 1 Year
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • 250 Club
I absolutely, fucking HATE movie theaters. Like one of the only things in life I truly hate because it disgusts the hell out of me.

Benefits of going to the movie theater?.. None.
BAD THINGS ABOUT THE MOVIE THEATER? CAN'T PAUSE THE DAMN MOVIE. CAN'T STOP PEOPLE FROM TALKING. PEOPLE USE THEIR DAMN PHONES AND THEY HAVE FLASHY SCREENS DURING THE MOVIE. AND YOU HAVE TO PAY!??! lIKE WTF
BENEFITS OF NOT GOING TO THE MOVIE THEATER?
HAVE AS MANY POPCORN AS YOU WANT, COMFY SEATS, CAN TAKE A FUCKING DUMP WHEN YOU WANT, CAN PAUSE THE DAMN MOVIE, LITERALLY EVERYTHING.

you're paying for just a bigger screen and just to see it like a month early tbch

MAN I am so pissed off just thinking about it I'm going to bed goodnight guys

oh and favourite movie?

i enjoyed eh.

Death Cure (Maze Runner) & The Belko Experiment.

EDIT: Sorry. You asked for an opinion/discussion and I get really antsy about this stuff.

Last edited:

Sloth

Always Be Humble
Enhanced
Advanced
Reaction score
Discord
Sloth#0007
  • 1 Year
  • Generous
  • $25 Donation
  • 250 Club
Favourite movie ever has to be Avatar.. wow that was amazing

Verringer

we're all waiting for good news
Enhanced
Advanced
Owner
The Nightclub
Famous
Reaction score
Discord
Chris Verringer#4395
Snapchat
Verringer
Twitter
Verringer
  • 2 Year
  • 1 Year
  • Yorkshire
  • Revival Contributor
  • Christmas Event 2018
  • Halloween Event 2018
I prefer at home, I prefer having control of the audio volume, a comfy seat and having unlimited snacks, drinks and breaks.

I've really started to go off the cinema recently because they've gone downhill a lot in recent years and it's just not worth the $ at all.

No idea, gonna go with Notting Hill :shrug:

Hornsbys

Enhanced
Advanced
Reaction score
  • 1 Year
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • 250 Club
I prefer to watch movies in the comfort of my home. I mean the foods cheaper, I get more space, don’t have to deal with the annoying laughs, nobody’a walking in front of you, it’s just a place where you pick the rules. It’s also a place where I can watch a rated R movie without parent guardians... Lol.

I’m really into action movies with a bit of humor, so Guardians Of The Galaxy both one and two (though the first was better) would probably be my favorite movie that comes to my head.

TechSupport

Reaction score
  • 1 Year
  • 250 Club
I prefer to watch movies at the movie theater just for the experience even though things could be more expensive I rather have a nice experience compared to sitting on my couch watching it. My favorite movie is Ride Along the first one it is so hilarious.

Julius

Enhanced
Advanced
Reaction score
Discord
Julius#1000
  • 1 Year
  • Generous
  • Referrer
  • 250 Club
I personally prefer going to the movies for multiple reasons. One, it just goes you better quality. Two, the movies make the movie seem so much fun because you can watch 3D and have things pop out at you and get an overall awesome experience with a giant screen. My favorite movie or movies though would just be all Marvel Movies. :)

Denial

Blacklisted
Scammer
Advanced
Reaction score
Last.fm
Denial
Discord
Denial#0193
Spotify
SafaB
Snapchat
Denial
Telegram
Denial6685
Twitter
Corrupt_Denial
  • 1 Year
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • Referrer
2 words -

overpriced food

Shaun

Virtual Market Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dispute Moderator
Chat Moderator
Enhanced
Advanced
Reaction score
Discord
Athys#9347
  • 1 Year
  • Christmas Event 2018
  • Referrer
  • 250 Club
I personally like to watch at the theater, simply because of the sound quality and immersive experience. Also my personal favorite move is WALL-E.

Charles

Reaction score
Discord
Charles#0488
  • 1 Year
  • 250 Club
I went to see a Matt Damon movies once and I was literally the only person in the screening so some of the staff came in and watched it with me lmfaoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom