Rants Remembering my CBF125 (update: and Hyo GA125)

Verringer

we're all waiting for good news
Owner
Enhanced
Advanced
The Nightclub
Famous
Reaction score
Discord
Chris Verringer#4395
Snapchat
Verringer
Twitter
Verringer
  • 1 Year
  • Yorkshire
  • Revival Contributor
  • Christmas Event 2018
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • Verringer's Award
  • Staff
Was going to post a thread this week about my bike to share - I intended on taking some more pictures of it today but that’s been took away from me.

Looked out of my window last night to see our back fence lifted up - ran out as fast as I could and found my bike gone.

Absolutely devastated about this, it’s my first bike and I intended on keeping it for many years for the memory. Had my first accident on it, learnt how to maintain and repair bikes and got a taste of freedom - gone (unless it turns up - unlikely) but definitely won’t forget about it.

For those interested in the details, it’s a Honda CBF 125 with front fairings removed to make it naked and the headlight replaced with a WRX one iirc. It wasn’t much but it was a great introduction to the world of biking.

Here’s some photos:
7251E2DE-F333-4EAD-BBAB-10F18CB747A6.jpeg6A9C01EF-E2B9-44DA-BCDA-26EB3D50A045.jpeg

The worst bit is it had a full tank of fuel, new indicators and a new tyre. :(

Last edited:

Ty

Manager | Bot Developer
Community Manager
Advanced
Reaction score
Discord
Ty#7904
Twitter
TyTheOwlMC
  • Yorkshire
Really crappy world we live in. I was never into learning about bikes or anything, but I used to love riding them when I was younger, I had a total of 4 dirtbikes, 3 of which were ultimately stolen in a similar situation to yours. My dad also had his taken from our garden on the one night we didn't chain it up. Looks a really nice bike though, shame some unfortunate assh**e had to take it.

Apple

Cloud infrastructure engineer.
Enhanced
Advanced
The Nightclub
Reaction score
Discord
j05h#4960
  • 1 Year
  • $50 Donation
  • Revival Contributor
  • Revival Donator
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • $25 Donation
What a beauty.

Verringer

Owner
Enhanced
Advanced
The Nightclub
Famous
Reaction score
Discord
Chris Verringer#4395
Snapchat
Verringer
Twitter
Verringer
  • 1 Year
  • Yorkshire
  • Revival Contributor
  • Christmas Event 2018
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • Verringer's Award
  • Staff
I was never into learning about bikes or anything, but I used to love riding them when I was younger, I had a total of 4 dirtbikes, 3 of which were ultimately stolen in a similar situation to yours.
Same, I didn't really love them until I got on one for the first time. It wouldn't be so annoying but dealing with insurance takes up so much time :sad:

What a beauty.

Was set to do a lot of work to it this month and have it looking great before the MOT, somehow don't think that'll happen now as the bike will either be in a ditch rotting or getting crushed by then :(

Ty

Manager | Bot Developer
Community Manager
Advanced
Reaction score
Discord
Ty#7904
Twitter
TyTheOwlMC
  • Yorkshire
Same, I didn't really love them until I got on one for the first time. It wouldn't be so annoying but dealing with insurance takes up so much time :sad:

Was set to do a lot of work to it this month and have it looking great before the MOT, somehow don't think that'll happen now as the bike will either be in a ditch rotting or getting crushed by then :sad:
Yeah I was young so I didn't have to do none of that, just take it on the field and avoid cops.

Apple

Cloud infrastructure engineer.
Enhanced
Advanced
The Nightclub
Reaction score
Discord
j05h#4960
  • 1 Year
  • $50 Donation
  • Revival Contributor
  • Revival Donator
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • $25 Donation

Was set to do a lot of work to it this month and have it looking great before the MOT, somehow don't think that'll happen now as the bike will either be in a ditch rotting or getting crushed by then :sad:
Don't people steal bikes to sell them? I guess they'd have to switch the plates so that it doesn't get located by the police.

Reinsure

not-proud 69th user of this shit site
Enhanced
Advanced
The Nightclub
Dark
Reaction score
Discord
Reinsure#1223
  • 1 Year
  • Club Owner
  • Referrer
  • Promoter
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • Generous
Dang, so sad to see that people do this often and get away with it most the time.

Verringer

Owner
Enhanced
Advanced
The Nightclub
Famous
Reaction score
Discord
Chris Verringer#4395
Snapchat
Verringer
Twitter
Verringer
  • 1 Year
  • Yorkshire
  • Revival Contributor
  • Christmas Event 2018
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • Verringer's Award
  • Staff
Don't people steal bikes to sell them? I guess they'd have to switch the plates so that it doesn't get located by the police.
Impression I was given by the people in my area is that it was stolen to ride, it's not too uncommon seeing people on bikes without helmet + plates in my area.

Dang, so sad to see that people do this often and get away with it most the time.
Might get away with it but their life is pretty shit if they're going to that much effort for money/fun so I guess that makes up for it.

Reinsure

not-proud 69th user of this shit site
Enhanced
Advanced
The Nightclub
Dark
Reaction score
Discord
Reinsure#1223
  • 1 Year
  • Club Owner
  • Referrer
  • Promoter
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • Generous
Impression I was given by the people in my area is that it was stolen to ride, it's not too uncommon seeing people on bikes without helmet + plates in my area.

Might get away with it but their life is pretty shit if they're going to that much effort for money/fun so I guess that makes up for it.
It'll catch up to them, they'll do one bad crime and that one bad crime will compensate for all the others.

Verringer

Owner
Enhanced
Advanced
The Nightclub
Famous
Reaction score
Discord
Chris Verringer#4395
Snapchat
Verringer
Twitter
Verringer
  • 1 Year
  • Yorkshire
  • Revival Contributor
  • Christmas Event 2018
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • Verringer's Award
Part 2 coming soon, it’s got so much worse now..

Verringer

Owner
Enhanced
Advanced
The Nightclub
Famous
Reaction score
Discord
Chris Verringer#4395
Snapchat
Verringer
Twitter
Verringer
  • 1 Year
  • Yorkshire
  • Revival Contributor
  • Christmas Event 2018
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • Verringer's Award
As promised, more keeps coming...

Woke up one morning to my Mum telling me her bike had been stolen too, while she was at work using it. She had been trailed out of my town and in to the countryside and then as soon as she went out of view - they pulled up, broke the locks, kickstarted it and rode it away.

Some CCTV pics of it happening:
1567301526284.png1567301534649.png1567301542095.png

While helping a friend move yesterday I saw a black cruiser with 2 riders without helmets, had a feeling but wasn't 100% sure and was somewhat preoccupied so didn't do anything.

Then today on the way back from the shop with my family, we saw the bike again coming towards us on the road and got a better look and had my suspicions confirmed. They have repainted it black (an awful job at that), put new '11 plates on (it wouldn't pass for an '11), no L plates, Hyosung written on the back and only 1/2 of the riders wearing a helmet. Walked in to road to get a closer look but didn't act as he had a helmet on today 👀

It's now reported to the police and I'm waiting at the moment to see it again, if I do - I'll probably be repossessing a bike.. Hopefully.

I wish life would just give me a break honestly...

Also, a picture of both our bikes:
1567302217070.png

Verringer

Owner
Enhanced
Advanced
The Nightclub
Famous
Reaction score
Discord
Chris Verringer#4395
Snapchat
Verringer
Twitter
Verringer
  • 1 Year
  • Yorkshire
  • Revival Contributor
  • Christmas Event 2018
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • Verringer's Award
Final update: neither bikes have turned up, haven't seen mums again so I'm presuming they're both off of the road now.

My insurance company finally decided to pay out and offered me £190 - which is not enough for even a pushbike and I'd have to pay them for the remaining duration of my contract (10 months x 66GBP) and have all my insurance prices affected in the future... Told them where to shove it.

End result is I'm now in a lot of debt with thousands of pounds worth of useless equipment, a cbt certificate, no transport at all and barely enough energy to get up each morning.

Oh, at the same time I've also been losing insane amounts of weight (dropped from a L/XL to a S/M) which means I'm having to completely re-buy my wardrobe - good timing or what?...

In summary; fucked 🤷‍♀️

Top Bottom