We use cookies to provide the best possible experience.

By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Rants Remembering my CBF125

Discussion in 'Debates & Rants' started by Verringer, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Verringer

Verringer tmw.media founder Owner Enhanced Advanced

Discord:
    Chris Verringer#4395
    Snapchat:
    Verringer
    Twitter:
    Verringer
    Was going to post a thread this week about my bike to share - I intended on taking some more pictures of it today but that’s been took away from me.

Looked out of my window last night to see our back fence lifted up - ran out as fast as I could and found my bike gone.

Absolutely devastated about this, it’s my first bike and I intended on keeping it for many years for the memory. Had my first accident on it, learnt how to maintain and repair bikes and got a taste of freedom - gone (unless it turns up - unlikely) but definitely won’t forget about it.

For those interested in the details, it’s a Honda CBF 125 with front fairings removed to make it naked and the headlight replaced with a WRX one iirc. It wasn’t much but it was a great introduction to the world of biking.

Here’s some photos:
    7251E2DE-F333-4EAD-BBAB-10F18CB747A6.jpeg
    6A9C01EF-E2B9-44DA-BCDA-26EB3D50A045.jpeg

The worst bit is it had a full tank of fuel, new indicators and a new tyre. :sad:

• Sincere Sincere x 2
  2. Ty

Ty Manager | Bot Developer Advanced

Discord:
    Ty#7904
    Twitter:
    TyTheOwlMC
    Really crappy world we live in. I was never into learning about bikes or anything, but I used to love riding them when I was younger, I had a total of 4 dirtbikes, 3 of which were ultimately stolen in a similar situation to yours. My dad also had his taken from our garden on the one night we didn't chain it up. Looks a really nice bike though, shame some unfortunate assh**e had to take it.

• Sincere Sincere x 2
  3. Apple

Apple Cloud infrastructure engineer. Enhanced Advanced The Nightclub

What a beauty.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Sincere Sincere x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Verringer

Discord:
    Chris Verringer#4395
    Snapchat:
    Verringer
    Twitter:
    Verringer
    Same, I didn't really love them until I got on one for the first time. It wouldn't be so annoying but dealing with insurance takes up so much time :sad:

Was set to do a lot of work to it this month and have it looking great before the MOT, somehow don't think that'll happen now as the bike will either be in a ditch rotting or getting crushed by then :sad:

5. Ty

Ty Manager | Bot Developer Advanced

Discord:
    Ty#7904
    Twitter:
    TyTheOwlMC
    Yeah I was young so I didn't have to do none of that, just take it on the field and avoid cops.

6. Apple

Apple Cloud infrastructure engineer. Enhanced Advanced The Nightclub

Don't people steal bikes to sell them? I guess they'd have to switch the plates so that it doesn't get located by the police.

7. Reinsure

Reinsure Searching... Enhanced Advanced The Nightclub

Dang, so sad to see that people do this often and get away with it most the time.

8. OP
    OP
    Verringer

Discord:
    Chris Verringer#4395
    Snapchat:
    Verringer
    Twitter:
    Verringer
    Impression I was given by the people in my area is that it was stolen to ride, it's not too uncommon seeing people on bikes without helmet + plates in my area.

Might get away with it but their life is pretty shit if they're going to that much effort for money/fun so I guess that makes up for it.

9. Reinsure

Reinsure Searching... Enhanced Advanced The Nightclub

It'll catch up to them, they'll do one bad crime and that one bad crime will compensate for all the others.