We use cookies to provide the best possible experience.

By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Rants Service Teams are OVERRATED/SUCK

Discussion in 'Debates & Rants' started by Satan, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Satan

Satan Member

I would damn all teams to my domain as soon as they die.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Verringer

Verringer tmw.media founder Owner Enhanced Advanced Audiophiles

Discord:
    Chris Verringer#4395
    Snapchat:
    Verringer
    Twitter:
    Verringer
    I'm personally not a fan either, I understand why they exist - but I don't use them usually because it's generally far more complicated dealing with a manager than it's worth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Apple

Apple Active Member Advanced

They usually consist of a management team with all different opinions and objectives, it's never good to work with a "company" like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Severingcastle8

Severingcastle8 Member

I agree its honestly just stupid for the freelander + the users looking for it. I mean if your a freelancer why give up 10% - 15% of what you are getting paid to a owner of a service team and the sales rep that did barely anything. I mean its better for a freelancer to just put in some work and advertise their stuff.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. gg

gg Active Member Enhanced Advanced

The only good service teams were Artsy and Avast

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Apple

I personally founded the first ever setups/services team.

7. Noah

Noah Member

Discord:
    Encantar#0525
    If you’re new to everything, I recommend large’ish service teams as they’re normally trusted more then some dodgy skids that are in this market

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Polar

Polar https://twitch.tv/pol4rb Advanced

Discord:
    POL4R#5508
    Twitter:
    pol4rb
    I can see why it exists for the whole reason of networking. Networking especially in marketing is a big thing, even especially when you do not have a good name. This helps build reputation and networking with other people that follow in the same line of work.

Sure, you experience reductions in prices due to the fees with team management and sales reputation, but I understand completely why it exists. The problem is that you need to be recruited by a reputable team that can give you vouches.

9. Apple

You see, the concept I came up with when I created such a service didn't intend for there to be a commission fee going towards the agency, it was just meant to be something people do in their spare time (the service team's management) in order to help others. When I was 10 (that's when I came up with it) I guess there's not much I could do relating to money, as my dad didn't even have a PayPal account then. :tongue-out:

10. OP
    OP
    Satan

Satan Member

Young asf. But cool that you claim to have come up with the first service team.

11. gf

gf Active Member

Telegram:
    @thiccfucker
    Twitter:
    AyoSkrt
    im gonna sit here with my popcorn and see

• Like Like x 1