Verringer
  • 1 Year
  • Yorkshire
  • Revival Contributor
  • Christmas Event 2018
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • Verringer's Award
  • Staff
After a lot of delaying, we've finally made the move to XenForo 2 after a lot of blood, sweat and tears - perhaps at the perfect time.

Thanks to the following people for contributing towards the upgrade financially, it cost us far more than expected but these people helped make it possible: Apple Apple wrust wrust Reinsure Reinsure Doodle Doodle .

Anyway, what's changed?

New Features

Clubs have had some upgrades and are better than ever. Banners now larger and animated, there's also a larger section for clubs under the restricted category and clubs are now also invite only, so you'll need to be asking to join them from now on!

Thread bumping has been added at last for upgraded users. If you have Advanced, you can bump one thread a day and if you've fully upgraded to Enhanced you'll unlock 3 bumps a day!

You have most likely noticed by now that the forums have had a bit of a sort out and there's now categories at the top, this is allowing us to have more space for discussion while maintaining a clean forum - make sure to suggest anything that we may be missing.

We've added a light style for those looking for a better day-time experience, it's not my cup of tea but a lot of work went in to it 👍

If the new update isn't enough to convince you to stay, we have added the ability for you to delete your account in your account settings.

Cover photos have had a huge update, they're now visible on your member popup as well as on your profile and they look awesome!

Although everybody needs to re-associate their discord account with the forums, there is a great reason - your alerts will now be sent to you on discord through our bot, it's convenient and quick to set up!

FontAwesome has been updated to FA5 - which means that the FA bb code is now even better and features lots more new icons. We have also added HR for a horizontal line on your post, H1, H2 & H3 for headings and H1R, H2R, H3R for headings that need underlining (like this thread).

We now support all unicode emojis 🕺🎉🥳

Features Coming Soon

We're currently looking for more appropriate addons for reputation, thread views, advertisements and referrals and as such these features are currently unavailable - however they will return very soon. If you're looking for an advertisement, have a read of the documentation.

Our very own Nevexo Nevexo is currently developing the addon required to change your username colour on the forums, please hang in there while we get that sorted out!

We have made some changes to business accounts to allow us to continue using them, now you need to set your account as 'personal' or 'business' under your account menu. You will need to log in manually to the account until we get business accounts sorted.

We're currently prioritising other things over the shoutbox as we have a great discord server already - but we will add it back soon.

Right now there is no way to display our staff members by their role, we're looking in to solutions and appreciate any ideas you may have.

Potentially Lost Data

Reactions have been lost as of now, we can retrieve the old reaction data in the future however it will set us back $35 and it's not a huge priority right now. All Like ratings have stayed, but any others (funny, optimistic, etc) are gone as of now.

Referral data is currently lost, we're looking in to a different addon for this and if we opt for it instead of upgrading the old one - there'll be no way to import this data. Awards will stay.

We're not sure on the best option for reputation right now and are exploring our options, if we opt to change addons then any old reputation data will be lost unless we can retrieve it from the old database.

As you can see we have lot's going on and lots coming up.

We're now going to be moving most of our work in to spreading the word about Virtual Market for the next few months, if you'd like to help us with this then please contact me via pm!

If you find any bugs or have any ideas for Virtual Market, remember to submit them as suggestions.

I'll end this announcement with an appropriate question, what are your favourite emoji? Mine would have to be.. 👍 🤙 🤷‍♀️ 🕺 🥔 🤔 👀

Mountain

Graphic Designer
Enhanced
Advanced
Reaction score
Discord
Mountain#4342
  • 1 Year
Xenforo 2.0 is looking great, proud of the team behind these updates and excited to see where Virtual-Market goes next! My favorite emoji right now is 🥳

Apple

Cloud infrastructure engineer.
Enhanced
Advanced
The Nightclub
Reaction score
Discord
j05h#4960
  • $50 Donation
  • Revival Contributor
  • Revival Donator
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • $25 Donation
  • Club Owner
Thanks for all the hard work Chris, my fave emoji would have to be :wink:.

Ty

Manager | Bot Developer
Advanced
Reaction score
Discord
Ty#7904
Twitter
TyTheOwlMC
  • Yorkshire
Looks great, nice job on the design ;)

wrust

Streamer | twitch.tv/wrusttv
Enhanced
Advanced
Famous
Reaction score
  • 1 Year
  • Club Owner
  • Revival Donator
  • You Already Know My Name
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • Generous
Thanks for the shoutout, working on my club and post for it now!

Top Bottom