What do hosting businesses need in the market nowadays?

Apple

Cloud infrastructure engineer.
Enhanced
Advanced
The Nightclub
Reaction score
Discord
j05h#4960
  • 1 Year
  • $50 Donation
  • Revival Contributor
  • Revival Donator
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • $25 Donation
I simply fail to see what's so unique about all these hosts starting up left, right and centre. Not saying they're all summerhosts (quite a few are but definitely all of them) but they need something to make them stand out in the market.

What USPs would you look for in a host? And if so, how do you think they could achieve that?

wrust

Streamer | twitch.tv/wrusttv
Enhanced
Advanced
Famous
Reaction score
  • 1 Year
  • Club Owner
  • Revival Donator
  • You Already Know My Name
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • Generous
Well, recently I saw PebbleHost advertising on Linus Tech Tips YouTube channel. So that probably boosted their customer rate by over 20%. But not only that, but they have an active community that is always there to help each other. One downfall I find with huge hosting companies though is that they don't have enough staff to take care of all requests at once, so I recommend once you start to grow, increasingly hire more and more customer representatives. Just an idea!

Apple

Cloud infrastructure engineer.
Enhanced
Advanced
The Nightclub
Reaction score
Discord
j05h#4960
  • 1 Year
  • $50 Donation
  • Revival Contributor
  • Revival Donator
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • $25 Donation
Well, recently I saw PebbleHost advertising on Linus Tech Tips YouTube channel. So that probably boosted their customer rate by over 20%. But not only that, but they have an active community that is always there to help each other. One downfall I find with huge hosting companies though is that they don't have enough staff to take care of all requests at once, so I recommend once you start to grow, increasingly hire more and more customer representatives. Just an idea!
I also saw them grab that LTT ad - definitely something to consider. And the communal aspect of a business always contributes to the efficiency.

Verringer

we're all waiting for good news
Enhanced
Advanced
Owner
The Nightclub
Famous
Reaction score
Discord
Chris Verringer#4395
Snapchat
Verringer
Twitter
Verringer
  • 1 Year
  • Yorkshire
  • Revival Contributor
  • Christmas Event 2018
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • Verringer's Award
I also saw them grab that LTT ad - definitely something to consider. And the communal aspect of a business always contributes to the efficiency.
Link vid? Intrigued

wrust

Streamer | twitch.tv/wrusttv
Enhanced
Advanced
Famous
Reaction score
  • 1 Year
  • Club Owner
  • Revival Donator
  • You Already Know My Name
  • Halloween Event 2018
  • Generous
Yea they've been growing a lot lately haha.

Tongy

Reaction score
thats why WHMCS is the saviour of automated payments :open-smile:

Top Bottom